Mediterranean Pistachio Molten Cake
Everyone loves a good Molten Cake but this version with creamy Mediterranean pistachio filling is a whole new level of Molten Cakes!
- 25 grs Callebaut Pistachio Paste
- 100 grs Callebaut W2 white chocolate
- 75 grs Even Cream 35%
- 200 grs Cacao Barry Guayaquil dark chocolate 64%
- 200 grs butter
- 200 grs whole eggs
- 150 grs sugar
- 160 grs plain flour
- 5 grs baking powder
- Pavoni "Planet" silicone mould
- Pavoni "Muffin" Mould
- Pavoni Piping bag Elite 45
YOU WILL NEED
- Melt the Callebaut W2 white chocolate in the microwave until it reaches 40ºC.
- Boil the Even cream and pour over the white chocolate.
- Add the Callebaut pistachio paste to the chocolate and cream mixture and blend it until all the ingredients and mixed.
- Fill the mixture into the Pavoni Elite piping bag and pipe it into the Pavoni "Planet" silicone mould.
- Place the mould into the freezer and allow the pistachio filling to harden.
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for 1 minute. (Do not foam)
- Melt the butter and Cacao Barry Guayaquil dark chocolate together in the microwave until it reaches 45ºC and add to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and add into the chocolate mixture.
- Grease the Pavoni "Muffin" mould with butter (optional) and add half the chocolate batter.
- Remove the hardened pistachio filling from the freezer and unmould the fillings.
- Add each of the pistachio fillings into the centre of each cavity. (On top of the chocolate batter)
- Top each cavity with the remaining chocolate batter until you have filled all 10 cavities.
- Bake in the oven at 200ºC for approximately 7-9 minutes.
The cakes can be frozen after baking and reheated in the microwave for 45 seconds if still frozen or 25 seconds if defrosted before serving.